Mother Mercy is the creator of the Black Mercy plants used by Mongul, and the new Lantern for Sector 2261. She initially created them to find people who are suffering and dying to ease their pain, which created a symbiotic relationship with her. However, the first Mongul discovered the plants, and used them to spread his evil, even mutating some of the Black Mercies into giving their victims suffering. Mother Mercy, however, kept her sentience hidden from Mongul. Her abilities to both ease and create fear gave her both a Green Lantern Corps ring and a Sinestro Corps ring to choose from. The Green Lantern ring, which she ultimately chose, came from the recently deceased Bzzd.
- Green Lantern Ring
- Yellow Power Ring (Formerly)
- 4 Appearances of Matris Ater Clementia (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Matris Ater Clementia (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Matris Ater Clementia (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Matris Ater Clementia (New Earth)
- Mother Mercy at dccomics.com
- List of Green Lanterns#Mother Mercy at Wikipedia.org
- Mother Mercy (Matris Ater Clementia) at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."