- Slade the Deathstroke has killed dozens of men. Maybe 'undreds. I do that before lunch.
- — Red Lion src
Bland hired Deathstroke to ensure that Congressman Hasgrove was re-elected, because Hasgrove was preventing U.S. intervention between his faction and rebels in his country. After getting Deathstroke to change into the Ikon Suit, Bland gained possession of Slade's old Promethium armor, and re-fashioned it into his own.
- Peak Human Condition
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Tactical Analysis
- Promethium Armor: Red Lion's suit is made out of a Promethium-mesh. Promethium is an extremely strong material with several specifications that enhance Bland in battle.
- Claws: Red Lion's suit of Promethium Armor boasts retractable claws. These claws are also made out of Promethium and can therefore cut through extremely dense and tough materials. Red Lion was able to tear into Cyborg's Promethium casing using his claws.
- Energy Absorption: Red Lion's promethium armor can absorb most forms of energy. This energy is then used to enhance Bland, usually by making him stronger and faster then humanly possible.
- Red Lion's Helicopter
- 13 Appearances of Matthew Bland (Prime Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Matthew Bland (Prime Earth)
- 4 Quotations by or about Matthew Bland (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Matthew Bland (Prime Earth)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."