When Batman and Superman's counterparts from Earth-One were accidentally transported to Earth-148, Luthor and Clayface assumed they were the wanted felons and captured them, despite their claims of innocence. It was not until the machine responsible for the accident was stolen from Luthor's laboratory, that the heroes realized their mistake and decided to team-up with the heroes from a distant world in order to capture the criminals from Earth-148. The evil Batman and Superman were captured with the combined efforts of Luthor, Clayface, and the Earth-One Batman and Superman. Following the suggestion of the Earth-One heroes, Clayface and Luthor used technology to change their Batman and Superman into heroes.
- This version of Clayface, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Matthew Hagen (Earth-148)
- 2 Images featuring Matthew Hagen (Earth-148)
- Quotations by or about Matthew Hagen (Earth-148)
- Character Gallery: Matthew Hagen (Earth-148)