Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Lt. Matthew Shrieve was a soldier for the Allies during World War II.
He was captured and held as a P.O.W. by the Japanese. Shrieve was held captive alongside scientist Robert Crane, who was forced to build a military robot for his captors. Crane helped Shrieve escape so that he could signal for help from the US military and their Creature Commandos.
- Lt. Shrieve was created by J.M. DeMatteis and Pat Broderick, first appearing in Weird War Tales #93. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Lt. Shrieve first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Men of War (Volume 2) #8 by Jeff Lemire and Matt Kindt.
- 2 Appearances of Matthew Shrieve (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Matthew Shrieve (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Matthew Shrieve (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Matthew Shrieve (Prime Earth)