Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Maxivermis Mind, more commonly known as Mister Mind, is a magical creature with an insatiable appetite for supernatural power.
For centuries Mind has been one of the most dangerous beings ever encountered by the Council of Eternity. Mind's telepathic abilities have proven him a threat not to be underestimated. He is responsible for the death of several allies of the Council, most notably one of its first champions - Solomon.
Although Mind has boasted of being the ruler of a world of worms, it is suspected he originated from the Wildlands. His vendetta against the Magiclands has given credence to the rumors of his humble beginnings as a simple bookworm. It is said that after suffering much abuse in the Wildlands as a child, Mind spent years attempting to break into the Library of Eternity. Once successful, Mind consumed countless spell books, absorbing the knowledge and power. He returned to the Wildlands, where he took revenge on those he felt had wronged him, and set his sights on the Council of Eternity.
Powers and Abilities
- Magic: After absorbing the knowledge held within the Library of Eternity, Mind gained several magical abilities, although the extent of these abilities is currently unknown.
- Immortality: The Encyclopedia of Magical Monsters states that Mister Mind is at least a few centuries old.
- Telepathy: According to the Encyclopedia Mister Mind has telepathic abilities that allow him to challenge powerful sorcerers and even Gods.
- Energy Construct Creation
- Technological Reliability: In order to cast his spells Mr Mind needs his vocal device, without it he cannot recite any magical formula.
- Vocal Device (Formerly): Mister Mind wears a device around his neck which allows others to understand him by modulating a regular speaking voice, however it was destroyed by Billy to stop him from saying spells. 
- Mister Mind was created by Otto Binder and C.C. Beck, first appearing in Captain Marvel Adventures #26. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Mister Mind first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League (Volume 2) #21 by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank.
- 13 Appearances of Maxivermis Mind (Prime Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Maxivermis Mind (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Maxivermis Mind (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Maxivermis Mind (Prime Earth)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Captain Marvel, the Wizard Shazam, or any of the extended members of the Marvel Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Marvel Family Villains."