- Welcome to the future. Life is good, but it can be better. And why shouldn't it be? Everything we've ever dreamed about is right at our fingertips. But are you reaping the rewards? Do you... have it all?
- — Max Lord src
Maxwell "Max" Lord (born Maxwell Lorenzano) was the greedy, eccentric, wealthy entrepreneur and collector who acts as CEO of Black Gold Cooperative. In 1984, he absorbed the power of the Dreamstone, which allowed him to warp reality to his heart's desire. He faced off against Wonder Woman for all the control and power he could possibly gain.
Part of Max Lord's collection of crystalline artifacts was put on display in the Smithsonian Institution in 1984, where they were marveled at by curator Barbara Minerva, a woman Lord would later use for his own gain.
- Deception: Lord ran a semi-successful Ponzi scheme that tricked Simon Stagg into investing in his failing oil company. Lord's charisma and sense of success was all fabricated for appearances.
- Business Management
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Extended Universe and is an adaptation of Maxwell Lord. The original character was created by Keith Giffen, J.M. DeMatteis, and Kevin Maguire and first appeared in Justice League #1.
- Maxwell Lord was portrayed by Pedro Pascal.
- Wonder Woman Recommended Reading
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Comic Cavalcade (Volume 1)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 3)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 4)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 5)
- 2 Appearances of Maxwell Lord (DC Extended Universe)
- 7 Images featuring Maxwell Lord (DC Extended Universe)
- 1 Quotations by or about Maxwell Lord (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Maxwell Lord (DC Extended Universe)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."