When criminal Jason Woodrue, also native of the Dryads' dimension, initiated a plot to conquer the Earth with special plants, part of his scheme involved kidnapping Maya. She was rescued by the Atom, and together they would free the Dryad people and foil Woodrue's plot to conquer the Earth.
Later, when a man named Arthur Ennis refused come forward as a witness of a robbery because he was afraid that it would effect the outcome of his job interview at a bank the following day, the Atom enlisted the aid of Maya and the Dryads to help him convince Arthur otherwise. Taking advantage of Arthur's superstitions and Irish background, Maya and the others appeared before him posing as Leprechauns and convinced him to testify against the crooks.
Later, Maya would once more seek the Atom's aid in stopping Jason Woodrue who had taken over the realm of the Dryads and plotted to destroy Earth's plant life with a special radiation. However, Maya and the Atom would join forces and foil Woodrue's plot once more, exiling him from the land of the Dryads and back into a jail cell.
Maya had abilities common to those of Dryads, she was able to fly and had control over plant life. She also had the ability to travel between the Dryad and Earth dimensions by traveling interdimensionally through plants.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 4 Appearances of Maya of the Dryads (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Maya of the Dryads (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Maya of the Dryads (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Maya of the Dryads (New Earth)