Mazdan was a thief from the far future who was sentenced to be exiled in the desolate 50th Century by means of a time capsule.
The thief known as Mazdan in a distant time was sentenced to the 50th Century, where the Earth is a desolate planet. However, due to a freak accident, this time capsule went the wrong direction, sending him to the 20th century instead. Here, he tried to fix the capsule so he could return to his own time to exact revenge. Using a special magnetic rod, he stole many items mysteriously to use for his capsule, including an electric shaver, a tube from a television, a car generator, and a beaker from Barry Allen's lab. Barry caught a glimpse of the thief and ran after him as the Flash. However, Mazdan used a special weapon that fired rings of intense heat at the hero, distracting him long enough for the thief to make a getaway. All that Mazdan needed now for his capsule was gold for its outer shielding. This gold his stole from the Clover Street Bank. Flash managed to apprehend him that time, but Mazdan quickly escaped from police custody by using a special chemically treated contact lens to magnify the light from the lamp in his cell into a beam of heat which melted the lock. As he made his escape, he took with him his heat ring gun and the gold which he took from the bank.
Following Mazdan's trail of heat, Flash found him on the outskirts of Central City with his time capsule. Flash deduced that the time capsule, powered by heat, would create giant blast, destroying Central City and leaving a ten-mile crater in its stead, were Mazdan to return home in the capsule. Instead, Flash took him to a racetrack, where he ran fast enough to break the time barrier, returning Mazdan to his proper era. The authorities in the future promised that they would make sure that Mazdan ended up in the proper time when they exiled him.
Powers and Abilities
- Mazdan possessed a gun that fired rings of heat.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 6 Appearances of Mazdan (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Mazdan (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Mazdan (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mazdan (New Earth)