Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Medusa was a monster in Greek mythology.
She is a Gorgon with hair made of snakes, and a gaze that turns men to stone. This has made her an adversary to Batwoman.
- Gorgon Physiology
- Divine Empowerment
- This character is an adaptation of Medusa, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Medusa was adapted by Kurt Schaffenberger, first appearing in Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane #52. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Medusa first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batwoman (Volume 2) #11 by J.H. Williams III, W. Haden Blackman, and Trevor McCarthy.
- 6 Appearances of Medusa (Prime Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Medusa (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Medusa (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Medusa (Prime Earth)
|Batwoman Villain(s) |
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."