Meeno Monak was a member of the Green Lantern Corps.
Meeno Monak became a Green Lantern when his home planet, Arden was attacked by a G'nang warship. That day, both of his parents died, and his father, Green Lantern Lodar Monak, passed his ring on to him. Filled with anger, Meeno confronted the invaders by himself, and was about to destroy their whole planet using a nearby comet he redirected toward them. However, a Guardian revealed that the planet's inhabitants were innocent bystanders oppressed by a totalitarian ruler. Realizing his mistake, Meeno redirected the comet again to save the planet, but he was wounded by some of the soldiers. Three Green Lanterns sent by the Guardians retrieved his drifting corpse. Before getting too far, Meeno's ring flew away from his finger and found a new wielder in the hand of a revolutionary prisoner who would fight for his people's liberation.
Meeno Monak's service didn't go unnoticed, and he earned a place in the Crypts of the Green Lantern Corps.<ref>Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps Secret Files and Origins #1
Powers and Abilities
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 3 Appearances of Meeno Monak (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Meeno Monak (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Meeno Monak (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Meeno Monak (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."