She was devotedly loyal to Queen Hippolyta and often served as an oracle and messenger for the Gods of Mount Olympus. She revealed the motivations of Artemis and Athena to Hippolyta, and was the one who told Hippolyta of the Gods decree to choose a champion in the "Trial of Flashing Thunder".
During the "War of the Gods", the sorcereress Circe reverted Wonder Woman back into the clay form which she was first formed, in essence, killing her. Wonder Woman's mother Hippolyta desperately attempted to re-mold the clay at which point, Circe released a blast of energy aimed at destroying her. Menalippe, present at the scene, witnessed Circe's energy blast targeting her queen and intercepted it. Menalippe was killed instantly and the Amazons honored her bravery with a special funeral pyre.
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race of warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. Menalippe possesses the same potential powers as an average Amazon. These include:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as Menalippe stays on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- Oracle: As the oracle, Menalippe is the main contact between Themyscira and Mount Olympus.
- Amazonian training: The Amazons honed their skills in many fields, aided by the gifts from Athena and Artemis. However, because of her tasks as oracle, Menalippe does not keep these skills on par with the other Amazons.
- This character is an adaptation of Melanippe, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 39 Appearances of Menalippe (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Menalippe (New Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Menalippe (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Menalippe (New Earth)