As the only heir of Xebel, Mera underwent a lot of pressure and her surrounding, whether family or friends, kept pushing their expectations on her.
One day, she overheard her father discussing with his underlings that killing the heir of Atlantis would help to free Xebel from Atlantis. Mera decided to accomplish that task in hope it would not only free Xebel, but also lift the constant pressure she was in.
When she found the heir of Atlantis, Arthur, she pretended to drown to attract his attention. It worked as he brought her back to his home to let her rest and he looked after her for a couple of days. However, Mera's hesitations and growing feelings for him prevented her to accomplish her task.
Eventually, she decided to prevent Arthur's murder even if it meant fighting her own people. She prepared herself for an oncoming battle, however, she and Arthur were able to defuse the situation before it started.
- Atlantean Physiology: The Atlanteans are offshoots of humanity that are biologically adapted to the deep ocean environment. All their abilities are by-products of their bodies being adapted to survive unprotected in the tremendous pressures of the ocean depths.
- Hydrokinesis: Mera can control water due to her being royalty within Xebel.
- 1 Appearances of Mera (Tidebreaker)
- 1 Images featuring Mera (Tidebreaker)
- 2 Quotations by or about Mera (Tidebreaker)
- Character Gallery: Mera (Tidebreaker)