Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
He was kept prisoner by an unknown being for five years which he claims is a greater danger than Apokolips. He escaped back to Earth, but was fatally wounded in the process. Before he died, he passed on his speed to Jay Garrick, telling him about the evil. He then told him to run as the World Army tried to capture Jay.
- Godly Physiology: As a God of Rome, Mercury possessed immense power. As the messenger god, he was most notably able to move at immense speeds.
- Dimensional Travel: Mercury could use his immense speeed to travel between dimensions.
- Enhanced Senses
- Electrokinesis: Mercury was able to manipulate an electrical energy that emanated off of him when he used his speed. His power was also transferred to Jay Garrick through this energy.
- Power Distribution: In his final living moments, Mercury was able to gift his power to Jay Garrick, transforming him into the Flash.
- Superhuman Speed: As the messenger god, Mercury had immense speed.
- Superhuman Agility
- Superhuman Stamina
- Telepathy: Mercury was able to mind wipe others.
- Winged Helmet
- Mercury first appeared in New Comics #5. However, in the Earth 2 continuity Mercury first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Earth 2 #1 by James Robinson and Nicola Scott.
- This character is an adaptation of Mercury, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 5 Appearances of Mercury (Earth 2)
- 1 Images featuring Mercury (Earth 2)
- 2 Quotations by or about Mercury (Earth 2)
- Character Gallery: Mercury (Earth 2)