Mercy Graves was hired along with another woman named Hope to be Lex Luthor's Lexcorp employed bodyguard when he was President of the United States. Mercy and Hope were apparently of Amazon Heritage.
After Lex lost his Presidency, Mercy stayed as a bodyguard while he was a fugitive from justice, and she became his sole bodyguard when he salvaged his career and started the Everyman Project.
Mercy Joins the Infinity, Inc. team trying to make up for her past. She puts on a costume with a special mask that is even capable of keeping her identity secret from Superman and Lex Luthor, and she takes up the name "Vanilla". When she almost beats a man to death, she leaves the team realizing that she cannot be a hero.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the New Earth stories of the DC Universe and is an adaptation of Mercy Graves. The original character was created by Bruce Timm and Hilary J. Bader and first appeared in the episode "A Little Piece of Home" of the series Superman.
- Mercy and Hope's Amazonian heritage has been hinted at, though the exact nature is unclear (whether they are runaways like Giuana or half-Amazons like Grace Choi). Similarly, the nature of their powers and how they work outside Themyscira is unclear.
- 83 Appearances of Mercy Graves (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Mercy Graves (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Mercy Graves (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mercy Graves (New Earth)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."