Meredith "Merry" Pemberton is Merry, the Girl of 1,000 Gimmicks, the adoptive sister and sidekick of Star-Spangled Kid.
Merry Creamer was an orphan adopted by the Pemberton family as a playmate for their son Sylvester and his brother, becoming Merry Pemberton. When Merry discovered that Sylvester was actually the Star Spangled Kid, she became his partner for a time as Merry, the Girl of 1,000 Gimmicks while Sylvester's usual partner Stripesy was recovering from a broken leg.
In adulthood, she married Henry King (not knowing he was the the super-villain Brainwave), and had a son, Henry King Jr., who grew up to become the superhero also called Brainwave. Merry was reported to have died of a broken heart after discovering her husband's villainy.
Years later, it was revealed that Merry was still alive, and she had a daughter Jacqueline Pemberton. Merry was then reunited with her son. She became a founding member of Old Justice, a group of retired former child super heroes who joined together to prevent other young heroes from following their example and endangering themselves.
- Merry was introduced as a supporting character in the Star-Spangled Kid feature of Star-Spangled Comics #81. She proved so popular that in issue #86 she displaced the Star-Spangled Kid and became the title character of the feature. However, after issue #90 her feature was cancelled, and neither Merry nor the Star-Spangled Kid appeared in Star-Spangled Comics after that.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- Merry is also known as Merry Pemberton-King and Merry Creamer.
- 32 Appearances of Meredith Creamer (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Meredith Creamer (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Meredith Creamer (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Meredith Creamer (New Earth)