Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Merlin was once a wizard in the employ of King Arthur. After the king's death, he continued to fight the forces of evil, and to that end, he founded Stormwatch. For hundreds of years, he recruited century babies and other heroes to help him, under the guise of Adam One.
Deal With Lucifer
- Human-Demon Hybrid: As the son of Belial, Merlin possesses Demonic heritage, which grants him vast supernatural power.
- Magic: Merlin is a renown and powerful sorcerer. He was able to employ a Binding Spell that made Jason Blood and Etrigan nearly impossible to track.
- Occultism: Merlin possesses vast knowledge of magic and the supernatural.
- This character is an adaptation of Merlin, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Merlin was created by Rafael Astarita, first appearing in New Comics #3. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Merlin first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Stormwatch (Volume 3) #1 by Paul Cornell and Miguel Sepulveda.
- 33 Appearances of Merlin (Prime Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Merlin (Prime Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Merlin (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Merlin (Prime Earth)