The Metal Men are liquid metal robots made from various elements each with almost limitless shape shifting abilities. They were created by the brilliant robotics expert and Elementical genius Dr. William Magus. Doc Magnus was a student of super-villain T. O. Morrow and became the world's foremost authority on the new science of Elementics, a synthesis of chemistry and robotics.
Doc Magnus developed the Responsometer, a small microcomputer capable of animating pure metals into humanoid robots capable of independent thought, initiative, and emotions.
Together, Gold and the Metal Men embarked on a variety of adventures, their specialty fighting monsters spawned from weird science. Perhaps their most unusual and deadliest for is Chemo a walking stew of chemical waste in gigantic humanoid form. Among their other foes are the Missile Men, the Gas Gang, B.O.L.T.S., Doctor Yes, and the Plastic Perils.
Over the years, the Metal Men have been destroyed many times, but Magnus has always been able to salvage their Responsometers and rebuild them.
Due to their shape shifting ability the robot can combine into a giant robotic form known as Alloy. Alloy has the combined might of all the robots along with their thoughts and skills, making him a formidable opponent.
Tin later created a robot himself an unofficial member of the team dubbed "Nameless". Shy and withdrawn, Nameless was Tin's "girlfriend" until her destruction in battle.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 203 Appearances of Metal Men (New Earth)
- 29 Images that include Metal Men (New Earth)
- Team Gallery: Metal Men (New Earth)
Links and References
- The Origin of the Metal Men at DC Comics Heroes and Villains page
- Metal Men Website