Murmur was an enemy of the Flash.
Dr. Michael Amar, once a respected surgeon, went crazy and started a killing spree to stop the voices in his head. This spree went through Central City and Keystone City and caught the eye of police officers Fred Chyre and Joe Jackam. They later tracked Amar down with help from the Flash and Amar was convicted and sentenced to death.
It was soon discovered that Amar's blood was so abnormal that lethal injection could not kill him. Later, in Iron Heights, Amar cut out his own tongue and sewed his mouth shut, becoming the killer known as Murmur.
While in prison, Murmur created a virus that was killing the guards and prisoners and escaped during the riots it had caused. He then joined Blacksmith, who helped him with creating the virus, and her rogues. Afterwards, Murmur struck out on his own.
- Unique Blood Type: The blood type of Murmur is incomparable to any other. Indeed, during his execution, the lethal injection failed to kill him. He was also able to make a virus based on it.
- Medicine: Murmur was known to be a skilled surgeon before his psychotic spree.
- Medical Science: He has a good knowledge of medical sciences, including his skills in surgery and his ability to create a deadly virus.
- Knife Proficiency
- 32 Appearances of Michael Amar (New Earth)
- 18 Images featuring Michael Amar (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Michael Amar (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Michael Amar (New Earth)
Secret Society of Super-Villains member