This section of the history takes place during Flashpoint, a massive crossover event set in an alternate timeline to the mainstream DCU. History was completely changed when Professor Zoom finally found a way to erase his nemesis the Flash without harming his own legacy.
In the slums of Chandigarh in 1960, a woman named Pariyat gave birth to a monster, a baby with rock like skin and glowing eyes. The birth killed the mother, and the father immediately rejected his son. The child seemed to understand this. And Chandigarh was wiped off the face of the Earth by a power none could explain, leaving only one survivor; the child.
The boy the orphanage named 'Michael Desai' ran away at the age of six, and made his own way in the world. He became The Outsider, and he built an Empire, some of it but by no means all by legal means. The Outsider was a businessman, a player in politics, and sometimes a conqueror. And he was seemingly indestructible, and very strong, and had other powers no-one knew the extent of. He made many enemies over his life, not least Black Adam, whom he almost killed and left for dead in the desert, and J'onn J'onzz, whom he did kill, cutting him in half by sending part of his body to another dimension with technology adapted from that which had brought the Martian to Earth in the first place.
Ultimately though, the self serving Outsider was forced to join forces with Cyborg and his troops in order to save the world from the war between the Amazons and the Atlanteans. His final fate remains unrevealed.
- Unique Physiology: He was born unlike an ordinary person, with skin resembling a stone.
- Superhuman Durability: He has superhuman levels of durability, enough for him to withstand solar blasts from Rising Sun and withstand bullets without injury.
- Superhuman Stamina: His unique physiology allows him to fight for extended periods of time.
- Superhuman Strength: He has enough strength to knock Martian Manhunter around.
- Geokinesis: When Michael was born, he unknowingly destroyed his hometown with a giant earthquake.
- Decelerated Aging
- Genius Level Intellect: He's very clever, skilled at leading, managing, and making business dealings.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): He posses basic skill in hand to hand combat.
- The Outsider existed on the version of Earth created by the events of Flashpoint.
- One of Desai's agents, who died in his service, was Alfred Pennyworth. In pre-Crisis continuity, Alfred was the original Outsider.
- 6 Appearances of Michael Desai (Flashpoint Timeline)
- 6 Images featuring Michael Desai (Flashpoint Timeline)
- 2 Quotations by or about Michael Desai (Flashpoint Timeline)
- Character Gallery: Michael Desai (Flashpoint Timeline)
|Martian Manhunter Villain(s) |