Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Michael Maxwell is B'wana Beast, an avatar of The Red.
B'wana Beast was considered as a possible new member for the Justice League International by United Nations head of intelligence Andre Briggs. They decided he was not right as a candidate for the team at that time, and he was not invited to join.
During The Wild Games in The Wild Realms, B'wana Beast was the presenter of the event that brought together the champions of the Parliament of Limbs who competed to decide which animal species will rule the Earth over the next ten thousand years.
Powers and Abilities
- Conduit of The Red: After being empowered by the Parliament of Limbs, B'Wana Beast became an avatar of the morphogenetic field known as the Red, that gifted him many abilities, including:
- B'wana Helmet
- B'wana Beast was created by Bob Haney and Mike Sekowsky, first appearing in Showcase #66. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, B'wana Beast first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League International (Volume 3) #1 by Dan Jurgens and Aaron Lopresti.
- B'wana is a Swahili word which is used in an equivalent way to several English forms of address.
- He is vegetarian.
- 14 Appearances of Michael Maxwell (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Michael Maxwell (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Michael Maxwell (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Michael Maxwell (Prime Earth)