Mike Tempest was a veteran of the Vietnam War. After leaving the service, he became a heavyweight boxing contender under the name Tiger Force. As a boxer, Mike Tempest became a Golden Gloves champion. One evening, a group of gangsters pressured Mike into throwing a fight. Tempest refused and the hoods savagely beat him and left him for dead in an alley. He was discovered by a mysterious individual known only as Mockingbird. Mockingbird took Tempest to a private hospital where he eventually recovered from his injuries. After leaving the hospital, Mike was a man on the run, always on the lookout for the gangsters who might find him and finish the job. Years later, Mike encountered Mockingbird once again who invited Tempest to join a team of covert specialists known as the Secret Six.
- Military Protocol
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Boxing: Mike Tempest was a championship Golden Gloves heavyweight boxer.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 14 Appearances of Michael Tempest (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Michael Tempest (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Michael Tempest (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Michael Tempest (New Earth)