"My Town": The Midnighter squares off against his imposter. The two men begin trading blows until one of them kicks the other through the wall and out into the front yard. As they continue their fight on the front lawn, a neighbor witnesses the destruction and
- Thought things through pretty thoroughly, didn't you? Figured you'd covered all of the bases? Close, but no cigar. You forgot one thing. I live for this. It's who I am, what I do and I... love... it.
Synopsis for "My Town"
The Midnighter squares off against his imposter. The two men begin trading blows until one of them kicks the other through the wall and out into the front yard. As they continue their fight on the front lawn, a neighbor witnesses the destruction and places a quick call to Anthem. Harmony's sheriff and deputy arrive on the scene and Anthem sends a Bellwether to analyze the situation. Due to the recent overhauling of Anthem's political structure however, the Bellwether cannot legally take action. The two combatants continue pounding on one another until Midnighter's mask is removed. Witnesses now know that the Midnighter is their own Lucas Trent. Midnighter finally gets the upper hand and shoots his doppelganger through the chest. He is bleeding profusely, but the wound is non-fatal (providing of course that he receives immediate medical attention). When the dust settles, Midnighter realizes that there is no longer a place for him in Harmony. He slings his foe across his shoulder and walks out of town.
Appearing in "My Town"
- Anthem (Final appearance)
- Amanda Dorsett
- Brian Elwood Dorsett
- Kid Mindy
- Henry (Single appearance)
- Scooter Dobbs (Final appearance)
- Includes a three-page preview for Casey Blue: Beyond Tomorrow.
- Although the Midnighter is seen fighting Apollo on the cover to this issue, Apollo does not make an actual appearance and the fight depicted on the cover never takes place.
- The Midnighter specializes in unorthodox combat strategies and will use anything as a weapon. In this issue, he smashes his opponent across the side of his head with a mailbox and later shoves a mustard container up his nostril.