Appearing in "Orion Fights for Earth!"
- New Gods
- Claudia Shane (First appearance)
- Dave Lincoln (First appearance)
- Harvey Lockman (First appearance)
- Victor Lanza (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Orion Fights for Earth!"
This story is reprinted from New Gods #1.
In Supertown, The Source leaves a message in fire on Highfather's wall: "Orion to Apokolips -- Then to Earth -- Then to WAR." Orion journeys to Apokolips, fights a masse of Parademons, and infiltrates Darkseid's inner sanctum. He finds Darkseid is currently off-planet, but has left Kalibak to defend his throne. Metron shows up and knocks Kalibak out before Orion can, then reveals to him Darkseid's plan to scan the minds of all the people of Earth in search of the Anti-Life Equation. Orion rescues some humans already trapped in Darkseid's lair, then journeys by Boom Tube to Earth and gets ready to fight the dreaded Darkseid.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Jack Kirby's Fourth World Recommended Reading:
- Forever People (Volume 1)
- Forever People (Volume 2)
- Mister Miracle (Volume 1)
- Mister Miracle (Volume 2)
- Mister Miracle (Volume 3)
- Mister Miracle (Volume 4)
- Seven Soldiers: Mister Miracle (Volume 1)
- New Gods (Volume 1)
- New Gods (Volume 2)
- New Gods (Volume 3)
- New Gods (Volume 4)
- Orion (Volume 1)
- Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen (Volume 1): issues #133-#148
- Jack Kirby's Fourth World (Volume 1)
- Death of the New Gods (Volume 1)
- DC Graphic Novel #4
- Genesis (Volume 1)