"The Doom Puzzle": This story is reprinted from Shadow #1.
- [I am] one who loathes small, greedy creatures who prey on men...
Appearing in "The Doom Puzzle"
- The Shadow (First appearance)
- The Shadow's Agents
- Margo Lane (First appearance)
- Burbank (First appearance)
- Moe Shrevnitz (First appearance)
- Harry Vincent (First appearance)
- Osgood Bamber (Dies)
- his large gang
- New York City
- set of diagrams for experimental submarine
- The Shadow's Autogyro
- Bamber's Submarine (discussed, not seen)
Synopsis for "The Doom Puzzle"
This story is reprinted from Shadow #1.
The Shadow and his agents prevent an army of criminals from blowing up the George Washington Bridge, stealing a truck load of worn-out currency, and escaping in an experimental submarine.
- As the Shadow drives down a highway, there is a billboard advertisement for Marlene Dietrich's film, Blonde Venus.