Minister Blizzard is an ice-powered super-villain and adversary to Wonder Woman.
In the Arctic Sea, Blizzard, with the icicle men commanded by Captain Iceberg, stole the Climate-Changer machine of Professor Chemico, a teacher of Holliday College who was heading to the North Pole on a ship to test his new invention. Princess Snowina agreed with his plan believing that the Minister was protecting his kingdom, but in fact he had much more obscure plans: raise havoc with the world and become the world's most feared man.
With the machine, Blizzard and his men, who believed they were following the Princess's orders, formed a mighty glacier and constructed a powerful propeller motor to give glacier speed, planning to raid New York and thus rule the world. The glacier crashes through New York harbor, knocking down buildings and causing great destruction in the city. The population panicked. Wonder Woman, who had been rendered by Blizzard, managed to break free and stop his attack, taking the big glacier back to sea.
Princess Snowina, who had been betrayed and had also been rendered, freed herself with the help of icicle men and revealed to the Amazon Princess that her Prime Minister was the one behind this wicked plan. After the defeat of the super villain, the ruler of Iceberg-Land assures Wonder Woman that her intention was only to protect her kingdom, and the Amazon promises her that her land shall never be damaged by the Climate-Changer machine, using it just to melt the glacier.
Minister Blizzard is the "Wonder Woman's most icy-hearted villain who could chill an iceberg".
His plan was to freeze the whole Island of Manhattan. However, he ended up having to face Wonder Woman as soon as she saw Steve Trevor being frozen by the Minister's Ice-Gun. After a hard battle against him and the icicle men, the Mighty Amazon was defeated by the villain who tied her in her own Magic Lasso and forces her to follow him. He revealed to her that he was in love with Queen Snoweena, but que Queen had eyes only for Prince Polar. Blizzard planned to freeze the world's largest city, New York, as a gift to the Queen and thus prove to her that he was worthy of becoming her king.
After listening to the super villain's plan, the Amazon Princess got free and saved Steve Trevor, succeeding in overthrowing his fleet of planes that threatened the city.
Some time later, Blizzard returned and teamed up as the leader with Captain Cold and Icicle (Joar Mahkent) with the aim of governing the world through a new Ice Age. However, the trio of ice super-villains were defeated by the Justice League of America, with Wonder Woman compelling with her Magic Lasso Captain Cold to shoot his ice gun at Minister Blizzard, who retaliated against him instantly, temporarily freezing each other. They managed to break free later but had to face JLA again and it was revealed that the real mastermind behind the new Ice Age was not Minister Blizzard but the Shadow Thief, and finally the group of villains was defeated by the superheroes.
Blizzard usually exclaims "Great Frigia", which may be Frigia the name of Queen Snoweena's kingdom in the Earth-One version.
Minister Blizzard was a radical environmentalist bent on invoking another Ice Age.
He teamed up with Circe and other Wonder Woman villains to ambush the Amazon on Aeaea. In the end, when Princess Diana could count on the help of her super powerful friends, Blizzard was defeated by Superman, who melted his Ice-Gun with the heat vision.
- Mind Paralysis Ray: A gun which render the one unconscious.
- Ice-Gun: A weapon capable of creating ice and controlling people's minds.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 8 Appearances of Minister Blizzard (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Minister Blizzard (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Minister Blizzard (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Minister Blizzard (New Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."