The Ministry of Self-Reliance was a government-sanctioned, privately-financed clandestine organization operating out of Shanghai, China. Headed by the enigmatic Doctor Omen and responsible for forming the Justice League of China, the Ministry was a controversial group mired in conspiracy theories.
- Academy of the Bat: one of the Ministry's three training facilities; located in Shanghai
- Academy of the Lantern: one of the Ministry's three training facilities
- Crab Shell: an underwater prison designed to contain metahumans; located at the bottom of the Huangpu River in Shanghai
- Mountainside Research Laboratory: Dr. Omen's secret lab; located on the Loess Plateau in Shanxi
- Oriental Pearl Tower: headquarters of the Ministry and Justice League of China
Members and Associates
- Alpaca (Formerly): Academy of the Bat cadet
- Anathema (Formerly): Academy of the Bat cadet
- Doctor Omen: current director
- Justice League of China (Formerly): western style superhero team and public face of the Ministry
- Lantern Corps of China: team equipped with uniforms that simulate the capabilities of a Green Lantern Ring
- Luo Longde: private investor
- Mingming: Doctor Omen's assistant
- Professor Zheng Shiqiang (deceased): private investor
- Project Zero (Formerly): Ministry-sanctioned superweapon
- Schoolmaster O: Academy of the Bat headmaster
- Wei Li: private investor
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.