- I'm 150 years old but I've found the elixir of life and I can do ANYTHING!
- -- Mr. Elixir src
The man now known as Mr. Elixir, as a boy in 1790, was stranded on a tropical island, and lived there for 150 years, due to his diet of special indigenous herbs. Upon returning to America, Elixir took a room in a boarding house, struggled with his rent, and worked night and day to replicate the vitalizing properties of his tropical diet, until one day he discovered a fluid which, when poured over ordinary leaves or plants, caused them to shrink and turn brown, and to synthesize the unknown super-vitamin which accounted for his longevity, plus made him strong enough to lift a piano. He resolved to secretly fight organized crime, and studied the arts of hypnotism, ventriloquism, and sleight of hand, all to develop a mysterious persona he called The Voice.
- Power Loss: Mr. Elixer is dependent on the herbs to sustain his strength.
- (Mister) Elixir is not The Voice's birth name -- he forgot his birth name after spending over 150 years alone on a desert island. However, it is the legal name he adopted when he returned to America. There is probably a first name to go with it, but it has not been revealed.
- Elixir did not use a costume to disguise himself as the Voice. Instead, he used ventriloquism and misdirection to remain unseen. Some of the criminals who have fought the Voice believe he is a disembodied spirit.
- In his second adventure, Mr. Elixir adopted a monocle.
- 6 Appearances of Mister Elixir (Quality Universe)
- 1 Images featuring Mister Elixir (Quality Universe)
- 1 Quotations by or about Mister Elixir (Quality Universe)
- Character Gallery: Mister Elixir (Quality Universe)