"Stone Walls Do Not a Prison Make...": On New Genesis, Mr. Miracle leads a group in capture the flag against his brother Orion, who takes the war games seriously and chastises Miracle for using trickery instead of brute force. Miracle claims t
Appearing in "Stone Walls Do Not a Prison Make..."
- Mr. Miracle (Flashback and main story)
- Big Barda (Flashback and main story) (Dies)
- Highfather (Flashback and main story)
- Black Racer
- Female Furies (Mentioned only)
- Granny Goodness (Flashback and main story)
- Justice League America (Possessed)
- Myt (First appearance)
- Vek (First appearance)
- Volka (First appearance)
- Darkseid (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Justice League International (Flashback only)
- Thaddeus Brown (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Apokolips (Flashback only)
- New Genesis
- Sol system
- Bracelets of Submission
- Green Lantern Ring
- Lasso of Truth
- Mother Box
- The Source
- Wonder Woman's Tiara
Synopsis for "Stone Walls Do Not a Prison Make..."
On New Genesis, Mr. Miracle leads a group in capture the flag against his brother Orion, who takes the war games seriously and chastises Miracle for using trickery instead of brute force. Miracle claims that Orion has become more aggressive since Darkseid's death and resurrection. The two depart with Orion chasing an explosion in the distance and Miracle briefly stopping by the Source Wall and receiving a vision of himself as Highfather before visiting his wife Big Barda. She provides him reassurance that later today when he goes through the rite of ascension and takes his place as a New God, he will capably fulfill his destiny as the next ruler of New Genesis.
When the ceremony starts, Lightray forces Miracle into a throne to watch as his costume is ceremonially burned and the Black Racer comes to claim him as he goes through death and rebirth with a new name and set of powers. The Source itself reaches out to him and at the last moment, he escapes, calling up a Boom Tube with his Motherbox and imploring Barda to come with him to New Earth. As soon as he arrives, he is attacked by several members of Justice League America who are possessed by the Source.
Back on New Genesis, the crowd turns against Barda and another Boom Tube opens with a small contingent from Apokolips who are invading to interrupt Miracle's ascension. In the turmoil, Granny Goodness runs a spear through Barda, killing her. On Earth, Mister Miracle can feel something is wrong and attempts to dodge the Justice Leaguers to return to New Genesis but he finds himself trapped.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Mister Miracle Vol 3 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Mister Miracle series
- Images from Mister Miracle Vol 3 1