New Genesis has gone on the offensive while Scott and Big Barda trade off leading the armies of New Genesis and caring for their son. They are aided at home by Funky Flashman who not only is not dead, but is their na
Appearing in the 1st Story
- Darkseid (As statue only)
- Batman (Mentioned only)
- Fastbak (Mentioned only)
- Orion (Mentioned only)
- Gotham Knights (Mentioned only)
- Chris Campbell (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for the 1st Story
New Genesis has gone on the offensive while Scott and Big Barda trade off leading the armies of New Genesis and caring for their son. They are aided at home by Funky Flashman who not only is not dead, but is their nanny. They send updates on the baby and war over their Mother Boxes. Scott continues to show signs of anxiety and depression.
It opens with Scott sniping Virman Vundabar with a head shot. It then immediately cuts to Scott heating up mug of water in the microwave for a bottle, while Funky tells him that Barda uses the Kettle. It's Tuesday, so Barda's at the front and Scott is at home singing "Hush Little Baby" to his son.
Scott informs Flunky that stuff in the crib can cause infant death syndrome, so that Jack's plush Batman can kill him.
Scott makes the decision to bury the dead in a mass grave on Apokolips rather then using their limited boom tubes to transport them back to New Genesis. Lightray balks at the idea saying that "Orion wouldn't" but he redundantly blasts open a pit. Scott assists with the burial while listening to updates on Jack. The bodies fill the entire rift.
Scott talks to Barda over his Mother Box. She had challenged Kanto to a duel. However, Barda is at the doctor and needs to ask about feeding issues. Scott fights Kanto and gets badly beaten. His army retreats. Everything is normal with the feeding issue. Lightray kills an apparent parademon child who was clinging on to its parent's corpse.
At home, Scott talks to Barda over Mother Box about strategy and General Fastbak while Funky attempts to feed Jack. Later Jack walks his first steps into Scott's outstretched arms as Funky holds Mother Box so Barda can see.
Later, Scott walks alone on a deserted battle field, singing "Hush little baby, don't say a word. Daddy's going to buy you a mockingbird." He removes his mask and collapses to his knees. Darkseid is He then gets a ping from Mother Box. Jack has said his first word. Every time he sees a picture of Scott, he says "Dah!" Scott stands up, puts his mask back on and strides away with purpose.
It ends with Barda and Scott at home together after putting Jack down for the night. They decide to continue their arrangement because they will miss their baby. Jack wakes up so Scott gets him, cradles him and sings "Hush little baby" as Jack pulls on Scott's bread and says "Dah."
- This book was first published on April 18, 2018.
- About of year's time is covered in this issue.
- There are no transitions between the scenes at the front and the scenes at home.
- Funky calls Jacob "Jack" but the blocks in his room spell out "Jake." Scott and Barda always just use pronouns when referring to their baby.
- Barda is only seen on the last two pages. Her eyes are brown
- In this issue, Scott wears several different superhero shirts. He is shown in a Wonder Woman, Nightwing, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Aquaman shirts and possibly one with the blood splattered Smiley Face from Watchmen.
- Funky calls Jacob Free, "Jack." The creator of the Fourth World Jack Kirby's real name was Jacob Kurtzberg. Funky also refers to baby Jack as "a genius" and a "king," both ways to describe Jack Kirby.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Mister Miracle Vol 4 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Mister Miracle series
- Images from Mister Miracle Vol 4 8