Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- Who, do you ask? Why, the Captain of Ketchup, of course! The Master of Mustard! The Monarch of Mayo himself...The Condiment King!
- — Condiment King src
Mitchell Mayo, better known as the villainous Condiment King, is the condiment-themed enemy of Batman.
He, along with many other villains from Gotham City, were allied with Penguin, who wished to destroy Harley Quinn and take over Coney Island. However, after Penguin and most of the other villains were defeated, Condiment King decided to turn "legit", and open up his own restaurant in Coney Island, across from what used to be Nateman's, a similar restaurant which was destroyed during the Gotham villains attack on Coney Island.
He later returned to a life of crime, fighting Batman and Nightwing.
Powers and Abilities
- Ketchup,barbeque sauce and Mustard "Guns"
- Condiment Gun: Condiment King's gun squirts a variety of sauces, including ketchup, mustard, and relish. It does not squirt them at high enough pressure to actually cause anyone harm, but it can cause nasty fabric stains.
- The Condiment King (Buddy Standler) was created by Paul Dini and Randy Rogel, first appearing in Batman (1992 TV Series) Episode: Make 'Em Laugh.
- Condiment King (Mitchell Mayo) was created by Chuck Dixon and Scott Beatty, first appearing in Birds of Prey Vol 1 #37. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, first appearing as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batman Vol 3 #9 by Tom King and Mikel Janín.
- 12 Appearances of Mitchell Mayo (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Mitchell Mayo (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Mitchell Mayo (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mitchell Mayo (Prime Earth)