Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Resurrection Man, or Mitchell "Mitch" Shelley, is a duplicate of a government operative of the same name.
Shelley was involved in Tektite research on soldiers in Iraq. When an attack left him wounded, Shelley was injected with a Tektite solution, which gave him regenerative powers. Though doctors originally reattached Shelley's severed arm, the arm was rejected when a new arm grew under it. The old arm was supposed to be destroyed, but regenerated into an exact duplicate of Shelley. This new Shelley developed additional powers from the tektites. Every time he was killed, he would be resurrected with a new super-power.
Powers and Abilities
- Tektite Enhancement
- Mitchell Shelley was created by Andy Lanning, Dan Abnett, and Jackson Guice, first appearing in Resurrection Man #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Mitchell Shelley first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Resurrection Man (Volume 2) #1 by Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, and Fernando Dagnino.
- 18 Appearances of Mitchell Shelley II (Prime Earth)
- 17 Images featuring Mitchell Shelley II (Prime Earth)
- 5 Quotations by or about Mitchell Shelley II (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mitchell Shelley II (Prime Earth)