During an exhibition at the Gotham Charity Circus, Batman and Robin witnessed an animal handler named Ralph Roder steal the box office receipts from the circus's cash box. While the crime was taking place, the trained ape named Mogo runs amok, and inadvertently distracts people away from Roder's crime. The police suspected that Mogo's trainer, Arthur Harris, deliberately incited Mogo into a frenzy in order to distract people from his crime.
Batman and Robin investigate further, and discover that Mogo's training platform had been fitted with electrical wires, which caused the ape to run amok. Mogo befriends Batman and even follows him back to the Batcave. He dons a mask and cowl and becomes Batman's new partner – Bat-Ape! Working together, they track down the true thief, Ralph Roder to the Gotham Globe and apprehend him. Roder confesses to the crime, and he is taken to prison. Mogo is soon returned to the circus and his trainer tells the heroes that he's going to set Mogo free back in Africa.
- This version of Mogo, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Mogo (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Mogo (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Mogo (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Mogo (Earth-One)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.