For Eons, the sentient planet Mogo acted as a prison, keeping the worst of the worst on his surface, preventing them from leaving. Among the beings that lived on Mogo was his friend Saint Walker, a refugee from a planet destroyed by the Red Lanterns.
One day, the ring belonging to recently deceased Frontier Lantern Shyir Rev (Green Lantern Animated Series) had chosen Mogo to be the newest Green Lantern. However being that Mogo's core was his own body, the ring couldn't work on Mogo's surface. Sometime later, Hal Jorden and his crew partially destroyed a massive meteor that would have collided with Mogo, killing him. Not knowing Mogo was alive, the crew of the Interceptor believed one of the prisoners to be the chosen lantern. However after learning the truth about the criminals, Hal Jorden finally realized what was going on and drilled a hole into Mogo's crust, finally granting the living planet the Power Ring.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Green Lantern: The Animated Series and is an adaptation of Mogo. The original character was created by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons and first appeared in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #188.
- Mogo was voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.
- 4 Appearances of Mogo (Green Lantern Animated Series)
- 1 Images featuring Mogo (Green Lantern Animated Series)
- 1 Quotations by or about Mogo (Green Lantern Animated Series)
- Character Gallery: Mogo (Green Lantern Animated Series)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."