Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Mokkari was a researcher at Project Cadmus.
When Brother Eye attacks using OMAC, his Build-a-Friends and Dubbilex are the last line of defense. Later when Checkmate investigates the destruction, he is uncooperative and insists that they'll deal with it their own way. Maxwell Lord sends him to destroy OMAC when Sarge Steel fails, and he agrees bearing a personal grudge. His creations fail and Lord takes him off the assignment, commissioning Frankenstein of S.H.A.D.E. instead. It is revealed that he has actually infiltrated Cadmus under Desaad's orders to steal New Genesis technology. To this end, he is keeping experiments secret from his superiors. Maxwell Lord calls him in again to the final fight with OMAC, and he builds his largest monster. The creature distracts OMAC while Brother Eye is destroyed, and Mokkari declares his debt to Checkmate paid.
- Mokkari was created by Jack Kirby, first appearing in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #135. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Mokkari first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in OMAC (Volume 4) #1 by Keith Giffen and Dan DiDio.
- 12 Appearances of Mokkari (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Mokkari (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Mokkari (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mokkari (Prime Earth)