When the planet Krypton exploded, the debris traveled out in all directions, with several chunks impacting the nearby planet Daxam. Daxam was the home of a sentient humanoid race known as Daxamites who were old rivals of the Kryptonians. In the midst of the disaster, Mon-El, Prince of Daxam, managed to get into a deep-space escape rocket and launch. After drifting through space for an unknown amount of time, Mon-El's life pod crashed on Earth. Discovered by Supergirl and J'onn J'onzz, the unconscious alien was brought to the Department of Extranormal Operations. There he was watched over for several days until he regained consciousness and escaped.
- Daxamite Physiology: Daxaminte are similar in physiology to Kryptonians, thus allowing them to absorb "yellow sun" energy. However, unlike Kryptonians, Mon-El does not gain extra abilities like Flight, Super-Breath or Heat Vision
- Invulnerability: Aside from his weakness to lead, Mon-El is pretty much invulnerable to anything else.
- Super-Leaping: Though not capable of flight, Mon-El can cover great distances by jumping with all his might.
- Superhuman Strength: Mon-El's strength is on the same level as a Kryptonian.
- Superhuman Speed: Another benefit to the yellow sun is Mon-El is capable of running just as fast as Supergirl and possibly the Flash.
- Superhuman Stamina: Mon-El is capable of fighting without tiring for extended periods of time. However, he can be weakened severely if forced to endure a powerful attack, such as a voltage strike from Livewire.
- Bilingual: after being encountered on the Legion of Superheroes ship by Supergirl and friends Mon-El yells in an unknown language at them before realizing who it is, Mon-El later states that that language is Saturnian. Mon-El is also fluent in English.
- Vulnerability to Lead: Daxamites are normally vulnerable to Lead, which can kill them if Lead is stuck in their bodies. The end result would be the Daxamite crumbling to ash. Since the air or Earth 38 is now lined thinly with lead, it is poisonous to Daxamites. However, Mon-El was made immune to at least the atmospheric effects thanks to an antidote created by L-Corp in the future.
- Despite his name, he is not of the House of El.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Supergirl, its tie-in comic book series, and its related television series. It is an adaptation of Mon-El. The original character was created by Robert Bernstein and George Papp and first appeared in Superboy #89.
- Mon-El is portrayed by Chris Wood.
- 27 Appearances of Mon-El (Arrow: Earth-38)
- 6 Images featuring Mon-El (Arrow: Earth-38)
- Quotations by or about Mon-El (Arrow: Earth-38)
- Character Gallery: Mon-El (Arrow: Earth-38)
Superman Family member
Legion of Super-Heroes member