When Superman and Martian Manhunter accidentally exploded an asteroid filled with hydrogen pockets, they were both caught in the blast and were floating through space. A Warworld cruiser found and collected the unconscious heroes, and took them aboard. The captain stated that Superman should do well on Warworld. The heroes attempted escape once on Warworld, but only Martian Manhunter got away. Superman was brought to Mongul, who declared that Superman be pitted against Mongul's best gladiator in the games, Draaga. The fight ended badly, for Draaga, and Mongul was left with no choice but to force Superman to lose in a fight with Mongul, to make Mongul look good. Mongul did this by threatening to destroy Draaga's homeworld with a doomsday weapon if Superman didn't comply. Midway through Superman and Draaga's fight, Hawkgirl, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter arrived and destroyed the weapon, thus leaving Mongul defenseless against Superman. But before Supes could own Mongul, Draaga arrived and beat the crud out of Mongul for holding Draaga and his homeward hostage for so long. Mongul was promptly deposed from his throne on Warworld.
Mongul appeared again to bedevil the Justice League when Superman's birthday rolled around. Batman and Wonder Woman went to the Fortress of Solitude with gifts for Superman, only to find that Mongul had neutralized the Man of Steel by latching an alien plant onto his chest. The plant caused whatever it was latched onto to have their perfect dream. This plot was foiled however, and Mongul was beaten.
- Alien Physiology
- Energy Resistance: Mongul's withstood heat beams from Superman, energy blasts from alien weaponry and blasts from a Green Lantern Ring.
- Invulnerability: Mongul felt absolutely no pain from Wonder Woman's punches,rather his skin damaged her hands. He's gone toe-to-toe with Superman and barely felt the blows until Superman unleashed his true power.
- Superhuman Strength: He was able to smash Wonder Woman into the ground and was able to bring her to her knees. He's pummeled Superman into the floor and nearly killed Batman.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe and is an adaptation of Mongul. The original character was created by Len Wein and Jim Starlin and first appeared in DC Comics Presents #27.
- Mongul was voiced by Eric Roberts.
- 4 Appearances of Mongul (DCAU)
- 1 Images featuring Mongul (DCAU)
- 3 Quotations by or about Mongul (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Mongul (DCAU)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."