Moon Fawn was an Apache princess who lived during the latter half of the 18th century and early 19th century. She was the daughter of tribal leader Grey Elk and the sister of Wise Owl. In 1780, Grey Elk discovered a column of amber which housed the spirit of an earth elemental. This was actually the essence of Alec Holland, the 20th century elemental known as the Swamp Thing. Holland communed with Grey Elk and told him facts about the future, which Grey Elk took as prophecy. One such prophecy showed that Moon Fawn was destined to marry a white man named Thomas Haukins.
In 1800, Moon Fawn and her brother met Tom Haukins, aka Tomahawk, and gave him a fragment of the amber that contained the Swamp Thing's spirit. The two fell in love and Moon Fawn helped Tomahawk forego the ways of the "civilized" world and return to the wilderness with her. They lived in Echo Valley and were married, much to the chagrin of Tomahawk's rival suitor, Grey Wolf. Shortly thereafter, Moon Fawn gave birth to Tomahawk's son, Hawk. She later had a second son, Small Eagle.
Moon Fawn's final fate has never been recorded, though she is officially deemed as deceased.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 10 Appearances of Moon Fawn (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Moon Fawn (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Moon Fawn (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Moon Fawn (New Earth)