Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- I am a disgusting, foul thing. I always have been. I have killed millions by my own hand. I have been a plague upon this world for thousands of years, partaking in every cruelty the human mind has ever conjured. And in a thousand years, I will still be here standing, when the rest of you are dust.
- -- Mordru src
History of character has not yet been written.
- Magic: Mordru is a magical creature of insurmountable power, being one of the first and most powerful wielders of Magic alongside the Lords of Order. He has honed his skills over millennia, and unlike the Lords of Order who bind their magics to spells and incantations, Mordru commands magic and is not restricted by any magical rules. His might has been known to easily eclipse the likes of Wonder Woman and Zatanna Zatara.
- Astral Projection
- Energy Construct Creation: Mordru can conjure objects out of pure hard-light. These constructs appear as a luminescent purple. He once conjured hard-light snakes to function as bindings for his captives Wonder Woman and Zatanna, these constructs were strong enough to keep Wonder Woman contained.
- Immortality: Mordru has extended his natural life indefinitely using magical energy. Mordru has lived for at least a few millennia and was one of the first human practitioners of magic.
- Molecular Reconstruction: Mordru can use his magic to manipulate things on a molecular level. When he wanted Zatanna to be quite he simply manipulated her molecules, removing her mouth entirely, although he did later return it.
- Power Distribution: Mordru can bestow portions of his magical energy on whoever he wants to. On one occasion he was able to transform Wonder Woman and Zatanna into fully fledged Lords of Chaos capable of rivaling the Lords of Order.
- Telekinesis: Mordru can use his magic to move objects with his mind. He was able to completely control the movements of Wonder Woman with no effort which is a considerable feat due to her strength.
- Telepathy: Mordru can use his magic to read the thoughts and learn the history of a chosen target. He was able to discern that Wonder Woman and Zatanna had had previous experiences with Hecate and the Lords of Order just by glimpsing into their minds.
- Mordru was created by Jim Shooter and Curt Swan, first appearing in Adventure Comics #369. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Mordru first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Demon Knights #1 by Paul Cornell and Diogenes Neves.
- 13 Appearances of Mordru (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Mordru (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Mordru (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mordru (Prime Earth)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.