By 2003, Morgan had become one of the leading crime lords in Metropolis. He hired a super-powered boy named Kal to break into Lionel's office and retrieve a package, that contained a blood sample. However, Kal failed to return with it. Morgan tracked him down to nearby town Smallville and learned that Kal's real name was Clark Kent. Morgan also discovered that Clark was the source of the blood. So, Morgan took Clark captive, with the help of a meteor rock, with intent to sell boy to Lionel.
But, Clark managed to break free and blow up the truck he was in. Lionel thought Morgan had double-crossed him and tried to kill him. This forced Morgan to go underground and have plastic surgery. Afterwards, Lex Luthor managed to find Morgan and forced him to record a confession about the murder of Lionel's parents. However, Lionel had already gotten to Morgan and struck a deal to make Lex think he was crazy. Morgan had just wanted to kill Lex, but Lionel couldn't stand the thought of losing another child.
Morgan was later confronted by Lex again, with Clark Kent arriving a few minutes later. Having been prepared, Morgan was able to subdue Clark with green Kryptonite and tried to flee. He seemingly died, when Lex shot him and the car he was driving crashed into Clark.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and its tie-in and comic book series, Smallville and Smallville Season 11. It is an adaptation of Morgan Edge. The original character was created by Jack Kirby and first appeared in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #133.
- Morgan Edge was portrayed by two different actors, Rutger Hauer before the plastic surgery and Patrick Bergin afterward.
- 3 Appearances of Morgan Edge (Smallville)
- 3 Images featuring Morgan Edge (Smallville)
- Quotations by or about Morgan Edge (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Morgan Edge (Smallville)
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."