- Forget it, Kent! You've got a right to picket-- And most of you are worth the union's demands! I can afford the salary increases, but I won't hand out money till the other stations go along! My father was a union man, and he taught me never to cross a picket line-- Unless it was absolutely necessary! Now, if you'll excuse me, this executive has a job to do!
- — Morgan Edge src
Edge was in many ways a stereotype of a ruthless capitalist, intervening in the Planet's homey atmosphere and challenging the authority of the somewhat older Perry White, but he was a decent man who had moments of good-heartedness and maintained reasonably friendly relationships with most of his employees, including Clark Kent. Following the takeover of the Planet, Edge promoted Kent to news anchorman on WGBS, a move which added several TV co-workers to the Superman supporting cast, including fretful producer Josh Coyle, sports broadcaster Steve Lombard, weather forecaster Oscar Asherman, and co-anchor Lana Lang (who had been one of Clark's childhood friends in Smallville).
As one of the wealthiest men in Metropolis, Edge was a major political figure in the city and frequently encountered Superman, the subject of many of his network's news stories, whom he, like most others, failed to realize was also Clark Kent.
- This version of Morgan Edge, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Morgan Edge grew up in the town of Masonville, Vermont. When he became famous the townspeople of Masonville named the town's new public library after him.
- Morgan Edge is known as "The Smiling Cobra" due to his superficially chummy and slick yet privately ruthless and hard-edged personality, traits which were shared by his evil clone. Edge self-referentially keeps a bronze statuette of a coiled cobra on his office desk.
- 164 Appearances of Morris Edelstein (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Morris Edelstein (Earth-One)
- 8 Quotations by or about Morris Edelstein (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Morris Edelstein (Earth-One)