Mortimer Jibbet was the younger brother of boy cartoonist Scribbly Jibbet.
Also known by nicknames "Dinky" and "Snoony", Mortimer was a general pain in his brother's side. Along with his neighbor Amelia "Sisty" Hunkel, Mortimer became one of the Cyclone Kids, sidekicks to the original Red Tornado (actually Amelia's mother, Abigail "Ma" Hunkel), and had various humorous adventures around their neighborhood.
Years later, Mortimer and Amelia put on their costumes again as members of Old Justice, a collection of former sidekicks from the 1940s who tried to turn public opinion against new young adult superheroes like Young Justice. Later, Mortimer's niece Maxine took on the superhero identity of Cyclone in his and Sisty's honor as a member of the Justice Society.
As one of the Cyclone Kids, Mortimer had no powers or special abilities, and was not even a particularly skilled fighter.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- Mortimer Jibbett first appeared as a baby in the second "Scribbly" story in Popular Comics #7, published by Dell Comics, August 1936. In 1939 creator Sheldon Mayer moved to All-American Comics and took "Scribbly" with him, with All-American Comics #1 being the strip's first DC appearance.
- Mortimer's hair was blond when he was a child, but apparently darkened with age.
- 71 Appearances of Mortimer Jibbet (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Mortimer Jibbet (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Mortimer Jibbet (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mortimer Jibbet (New Earth)