She served under the Amazons many years as their chosen assassin, but she believed her sisters had abandoned their sacred mission for which they were created. So in order to defend mankind from the coming Dark God, she came across him and conceived his child, a child she was planning to use to destroy Darkseid.
However, when her child was finally born, Menalippe foresaw a great calamity brought by the newborn child, an inconceivable war between two powerful beings that will bring about the end of everything. She rebuffed this, claiming that her child will bring salvation while she slayed her own sisters and escaped the island alongside her daughter.
She raised Grail as a capable warrior in preparation for the coming conflict, sending her through many worlds in search for a being powerful enough to destroy her father, eventually finding the Anti-Monitor.
When a New God teleported himself to her location, she introduced herself and offered him to join forces with her against Darkseid. She told Scot that she has been preparing for the war for many years, but Scot knew that such calamity will bring the death of billions, that Darkseid cannot be slain. Their disagreement made Myrina decide to annihilate him, claiming no one will interfere with her plans, forcing Scot to Boom-Tube away from her.
Holy anachronisms, Batman!
This article is in need of updated information.
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race of warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. Myrina possesses the same potential powers as an average Amazon. These include:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. They are naturally immortal, because of being the children of Hera.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as Myrina stays on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Myrina is an Amazonian assassin, a very skilled warrior capable of slaying two Amazons even immediately after childbirth.
- This character is an adaptation of Myrina, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 9 Appearances of Myrina (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Myrina (Prime Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Myrina (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Myrina (Prime Earth)