Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Nabu was born during the dawn of mankind. He and others discovered a secret of the universe that would one day become known as magic. With their almost infinite powers, Nabu and the other men and women became the Lords of Order, peacemakers obsessed with maintaining order. Soon enough the magic the Lords contained grew too strong for their bodies, forcing them to find a new way of existing. Nabu forged a helmet and imprinted his soul on it, anyone to wear the helmet would be possessed by Nabu, making them a servant of order. This helmet would become known as the Helmet of Fate and whoever wore it would take on the moniker of Doctor Fate.
Powers and Abilities
- Through the Helmet of Fate: After losing his body from his ascension into a Lord of Order due to it eroding his body, Nabu forged the Helmet of Fate in order to preserve and continue his existence. Despite this, he still possess powers through it.
- Order Magic: Nabu is a extremely formidable user of magic, powerful enough to match Arion in battle and is considered the most powerful of all the Lords of Order. Currently, he is unable to manifest much of his power without a host due to a binidng spell placed on the helm powered by chaos magic. At his complete potential, he is able to:
- Vulnerability to Powerful Magic: Nabu's power can be disrupted by other powerful forms of magic, including those from fellow Lords of Order.
- Cost of Magic: Due to the magic of order being pulled from a dark source, Nabu's original human body eroded overtime from the use of magic, forcing him to forge a helm and imprint his own soul into it.
- Nabu was created by Gardner Fox and Howard Sherman, first appearing in More Fun Comics #67. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Nabu first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Doctor Fate (Volume 4) #1 by Paul Levitz and Sonny Liew.
- This character is an adaptation of Nabu, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 34 Appearances of Nabu (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Nabu (Prime Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Nabu (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Nabu (Prime Earth)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."