Nathaniel Dusk is a New York City private investigator who began his career in 1934.
He served in the United States armed forces in World War I and a combat pilot. After leaving the military, he worked as a policeman until he quit after becoming disgusted by the rampant corruption in the force. Dusk struck up a romance with mother of two Joyce Gulino, who had gone into hiding from her mobster husband Joseph Costilino. The vengeful husband ordered a hit on both his wife and Dusk but only Joyce died in the attack. Dusk went after Costilino, and in the end the gangster perished. Dusk subsequently took on many other cases, but always made time to watch over Joyce's children, Jennie and Anthony.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Don McGregor based Nathaniel Dusk after actor Robert Culp on the TV Show I Spy.
- 13 Appearances of Nathaniel Dusk (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Nathaniel Dusk (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Nathaniel Dusk (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Nathaniel Dusk (New Earth)