Doctor Nathaniel "Nate" Heywood, also known as Steel, was a historian who joined the time travelling Legends.
Doctor Nathaniel "Nate" Heywood was a historian, specializing in deductive historical reconstruction. With his skills, he was able to deduce that an aberration-created reality, one in which the Nazis bombed New York City in 1942, due to the machinations of Damien Darhk and Eobard Thawne, and World War II continued until 1947, was starting to cement in the timeline, supplanting the previous reality. With the help of Oliver Queen, he was able to locate the submerged Waverider in 2016 and wake Mick Rory from time stasis. Together with Mick, Nate traveled through time, using his skills as a historian to find where and when the other members of the Legends team were stranded. For his help, Nate was made a new member of the team. After being injected with a biomolecular enhancer created by Eobard Thawne and modified by Ray Palmer, Nate gained the ability to transform his skin into steel, making him extremely strong and resilient. After learning to use his abilities he was given the codename "Steel" by Ray, after his grandfather Henry Heywood/Commander Steel. Among the other nicknames he suggested himself were Corporal Steel, Mister Steel and Citizen Steel.
Powers and Abilities
- Metahuman Physiology
- Transformation: Nate Heywood's skin, bone, and muscle tissue has been transmuted into organic steel, which provides him with enhanced strength and durability.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Genius Level Intellect
- Multilingualism: Nate is fluent in English, German, French, Japanese, Italian and Latin.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic)
- Hemophilia (Formerly): Nate was born with a blood condition called Hemophilia which significantly slowed his body's ability to make blood clots meaning that any injuries he sustained, especially cuts, left him more vulnerable and took considerably longer to heal than an average human. This condition was cured by the serum that Nate was injected with, by Ray Palmer.
- Dwarf Star Alloy
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series DC's Legends of Tomorrow and is an adaptation of Citizen Steel. The original character was created by Geoff Johns and Dale Eaglesham and first appeared in Justice Society of America (Volume 3) #2.
- Nate Heywood is portrayed by Nick Zano.
- 84 Appearances of Nathaniel Heywood (Arrowverse)
- 5 Images featuring Nathaniel Heywood (Arrowverse)
- 3 Quotations by or about Nathaniel Heywood (Arrowverse)
- Character Gallery: Nathaniel Heywood (Arrowverse)
- "DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Shogun"
- "DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Abominations"
- "DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: The Chicago Way"
- "DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Beebo the God of War"
- "DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Guest Starring John Noble"
- "DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: The Eggplant, the Witch & the Wardrobe"
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Egg MacGuffin
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Hey, World!
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: The Ex-Factor
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: This Is Gus
- "Tagumo Attacks!!!"
- "Out of Time"
- "The Justice Society of America"
- "The Curse of the Earth Totem"