Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Aztek was a member of the Justice League of America.
Nayeli Constant was a software engineer in Austin, Texas who was startled by the Aztek helmet bursting into her window and explaining the millennia-long war against the dark god Tezcatlipoca. She accepted the role of the new Aztek and modified the armor for her purposes, eventually finding her way to Vanity after The Ray left the city to join the Justice League of America. When he returned from a mission, the two encountered one another and briefly argued about who should protect the citizens of Vanity but they teamed up to stop a criminal and agreed that the city could use both heroes.
- Aztek was created by Grant Morrison, Mark Millar, and N. Steven Harris, first appearing in Aztek: The Ultimate Man #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Aztek first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League of America (Volume 5) #20 by Steve Orlando and Hugo Petrus.
- 10 Appearances of Nayeli Constant (Prime Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Nayeli Constant (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Nayeli Constant (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Nayeli Constant (Prime Earth)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.