- As a designated seeker, I traveled across the Five Dimensions in search of worlds that could provide the fuel necessary to sustain our planet. Five million human lives will do that.
- — Ulysses src
Ulysses, real name Neil Quinn, is an enemy of Superman.
Neil Queen was the son of two scientists, Bridget and Peter. Both worked at a research center called Ulysses. When they were in the laboratory, dark matter penetrated through the portal from the second dimension and started the earthquake. In an attempt to save their son, the couple sent him through a portal into the fourth dimension where there were human-like lifeforms and energy that could potentially give Neal incredible strength.
25 years later, Neil, who received the nickname "Ulysses", returned and was surprised when he realized that his seemingly destroyed world is full of life. He was chasing his main enemy - the Cleric, whom Superman helped him to defeat. Ulysses found out about his personality Clark Kent and talked to him about the alter ego, after which they became friends. The villain Machinist showed Ulysses all the vices of humanity, wars, inequality, murder, theft, greed and much more. He convinced Neal that not all earthlings are worthy to live. Ulysses, whose measurement at that time was preparing for the Apocalypse, selected 6 million of the wisest and smartest people on Earth to reborn the planet into a new and wonderful world. Superman found Neal's surviving parents and they convinced his son to save humanity. The fourth dimension was destroyed, its inhabitants had nowhere to go and everyone died. Ulysses blamed Superman for the death of his house and entered into the last battle with him.
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology: On account of his interaction with the Fourth Dimension, Ulysses has various superhuman abilities.
- Energy Transference: Ulysses can absorb energy, transferring it into different forms. For instance, he is capable of transferring the energy from Superman's heat vision into a low-intensity red light pulse for illumination in his hand.
- Enhanced Intellect
- Enhanced Senses
- Superhuman Durability
- Toxic Immunity:Immunity to all poisons, diseases and toxins
- Superhuman Speed: Fast enough to take Superman by surprise and attack him.
- Superhuman Strength
- Power Instability: He can be overloaded and incapacitated, if he absorbs more energy than he can handle.
- 11 Appearances of Neil Quinn (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Neil Quinn (Prime Earth)
- 5 Quotations by or about Neil Quinn (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Neil Quinn (Prime Earth)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."