Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- I am the darkness before there was light.
- — Nekron src
Wrath of the First Lantern
During the fight between the First Lantern and the rest of the Lantern Corps, Hal Jordan, who has returned to the world of the living now as a Black Lantern, releases Nekron from his prison to the battle. After the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum is removed from The First Lantern's body, Nekron cuts Volthoom in half killing him. Before he can seek to escape he is sent back to his prison by Hal Jordan.
- Nekron was created by Mike W. Barr, Len Wein, and Joe Staton, first appearing in Tales of the Green Lantern Corps #2. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Nekron first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Green Lantern (Volume 5) #20 by Geoff Johns and Doug Mahnke.
- 3 Appearances of Nekron (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Nekron (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Nekron (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Nekron (Prime Earth)
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."
|Black Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Black Lantern Corps. Those who have died may wield the Black Power Ring, symbolizing their lack of both life and emotion.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Black Lantern Corps members category."