- Enjoy your victory, Grayson. Because it's going to be a long night. And happy endings aren't going to be easy to come by. Let's see what else Gotham has in store.
- -- Nightwing
Appearing in "Cataclysm, Part Two: Shudder"
- Blüdhaven Police Department
- Kenny (Single appearance)
- Kenny's mother (Single appearance)
- Tarantula (In a photograph only)
- Bristol Marina
- Gotham City
Synopsis for "Cataclysm, Part Two: Shudder"
Meanwhile Tad Ryerstad struggles to find a cool name for himself that hasn't already be taken.
Nightwing finds several people and their bus trapped in a underground fissure, including a mother and her child named Kenny. They don't believe that all of them will be able to make it out alive before they are drowned in the flooding waters. The mother of the child tells Nightwing to take him first, then she stays behind to help the others get out. By the time Nightwing is done getting the others to safety the fissure starts to close, the mother in desperation tells Nightwing to take care of her son and get him away from there. But Nightwing tells her she has one chance as the front of the bus has a larger opening. He tells her he will meet her their and he's able to rescue her. Already tired and sore, he appreciates his small victory and goes off to see where else he can help.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Cataclysm collection, as well as the 2015 edition.
- This Batman: Cataclysm crossover takes place between Shadow of the Bat #73 and Batman #553.
- This issue establishes that the cataclysm earthquake was a 7.6 on the Richter magnitude scale.
- Tad Ryerstad is seeing with a magazine labeled Black Mask. Also, in this issue, it is hinted that he came up with the alias "Nite-Wing" after seeing some advertisement signs in a wall on the street. These signs were Open All Nite and Hot Buffalo Wings.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Nightwing Vol 2 19 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Nightwing series
- Images from Nightwing Vol 2 19
- Nightwing Recommended Reading
Links and References
|Batman: Cataclysm Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Cataclysm crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1998. Gotham City was almost completely destroyed by a massive earthquake. This story led into the events that would eventually create No Man's Land.