"Night of the Monster Men, Part 2": Duke and Alfred are in the Batcave. Duke points out that there are monsters in the street, but they’re stuck in the cave. Alfred tells Duke that he’s just started his training, and after the death of Red Robin, Batman won’t put him in danger. Duke tells Alf
- Gotham City. Do not be afraid. This is a prerecorded message. You know who I am. As we speak, my team and I are doing everything we can to protect you. But Gotham City is not safe. To ensure that you are, follow the GCPD to a selected evacuation site. Stay strong. Stay calm. Trust me, as you have before. I promise each and every one of you. This night will end. And when it does...you will be there to meet the morning.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Night of the Monster Men, Part 2"
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Duke Thomas
- Gotham City Police Department
- Gotham Girl
- Monster Men
- Hugo Strange (Mentioned only)
- Jackson Chappell (Mentioned only)
- Kobra Cult (Mentioned only)
- LexCorp (Mentioned only)
- Penelope Young (Mentioned only)
- Psycho-Pirate (Mentioned only)
- Red Robin (Mentioned only)
- Robert Castro (Mentioned only)
- We Are Robin (Mentioned only)
- Gotham City
- Metropolis (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Night of the Monster Men, Part 2"
Duke and Alfred are in the Batcave. Duke points out that there are monsters in the street, but they’re stuck in the cave. Alfred tells Duke that he’s just started his training, and after the death of Red Robin, Batman won’t put him in danger. Duke tells Alfred that if they want to help, they should be able to. Gotham Girl says she can hear buildings crumbling and huge heartbeats.
In the Gotham Factory District, the GCPD are fighting against the monster men, with no luck. Nightwing mentions the tower contingencies that Batman put in place when he was a kid, but Batman says that’s too dangerous with people still in the city. Bruce sends Nightwing to the morgue to find out where the monsters came from.
Batwoman decides to expand the evactuation zone to the entire city. Batman tells Duke to activate his special project: the Bat-Beacon. It projects images of Batman throughout the city with a pre-recorded message.
At the evacuation site, Bullock points out to Spoiler that things are getting tight in the cave.
Back fighting the monster, the monster hits a building and a man starts falling. Nightwing, who still hasn’t left yet despite Batman’s orders, rescues him. Batman asks him what he’s still doing there and Nightwing points out that he knows that Batman is pushing them out of the action so that they can all be safe. Batman tells Nightwing he needs him at the morgue. Batwomen and Batman head to one of his secret garages where he has stashed a Batcycle and a Nightwing cycle, despite the fact that Dick’s not his sidekick anymore. Kate tells Bruce that as a soldier, the unit lives on mutual respect and trust – and asks Bruce if he’s giving his team that.
Meanwhile, Nightwing is finally heading to the morgue. Alfred tells him that the monsters were once people and that the cells overtake the human tissue and rebuild it in their own image. Alfred mentions that whatever is fueling the cells is something new.
Back at the evacuation site, Chaos is brewing. The close quarters have people a bit testy. All the evacuees are covered in red stuff.
At the morgue, Nightwing discovers that while they’ve only seen two monsters so far, there were FOUR bodies. Alarms start going off at Blackgate. Nightwing starts heading there but is afraid he won’t get there in time. Gotham Girl, who’s faster that all of them, decided to head to Blackgate despite still being under Psycho Pirate’s influence and despite the fact that her powers could kill her.
- This book was first published on September 21, 2016.
- This issue's events take place directly after Batman (Volume 3) #7.
- "Night of the Monster Men" continues in Detective Comics #941.
- This issue alludes to several strength-enhancing drugs from different DC universes:
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Nightwing Vol 4 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Nightwing series
- Images from Nightwing Vol 4 5
- Nightwing Recommended Reading